These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on Community. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
In General and applies to everyone
- Please treat this forum with the same respect you would a public place. This is a shared community resource — a place to share knowledge, skills and interests through ongoing civilized conversation. #
- This forum is for entrepreneurs and students of the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy and is not open to the public. #
If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests. #
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people.
- Knee-jerk reaction.
- Please provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone.
Help us influence the future of this community forum by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum an interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
Discourse provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: favorites, bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too. #
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it. If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community. #
Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
Don’t harass, impersonate or expose anyones private information.
Don’t post spam. #
Make an effort to do things right so we can spend less time deleting and cleaning up.
- Don’t cross-post
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t change the course of a topic midstream.
- Do not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. Do not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other laws. #
- This site is operated by the CBCA and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let's discuss! If there's a critical or urgent issue then contact us via the contact page. #
- We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behaviour and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS: ucp.php?mode=terms&sid=7ef4b317e6d57d71464ced04ab591165 #